Desktop Field Support Technician- Various Locations Nationally
Desktop Field Support Job Description:
About AECOM National Security Programs:
AECOM is listed on the Fortune 500 as one of America’s largest companies, AECOM earns more than US$6 billion in revenue annually. We are publically traded on the New York Stock Exchange since 2007. National Security Programs, an AECOM Technology Corporation, is a provider of professional technical and management support services for government and commercial clients around the world. The National Security Programs Operating division brings unique expertise to AECOM in intelligence, information technology and cyber security – and diversifies AECOM’s strong base of federal government relationships. An exciting and rewarding career, built on your experience is within your reach. AECOM has significant presence in the high-growth national security market. With 52,000 people in more than 100 countries, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves. Our highly capable team provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering solutions that enhance and sustain the world’s built, natural and social environments.
Desktop Field Support Technician
Field Support Manager
Candidate will provide advanced levels of support of PCs and peripherals; serve in an integral role in planning and executing projects involving PCs; and will evaluate, recommend, install, and support network-based and specialized (nitch) applications. Selected candidate will understand and use network based software beyond operating systems; participate in maintaining the inventory of all server and network equipment; monitor network data backups and performs restores; will perform network troubleshooting, including cabling, network interfaces and connectivity. Candidate will also assist in supporting all LAN/WAN based applications as well as install, configure and maintain all server class operating systems.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- 3 years or more of current experience working a technical support department.
- Comprehensive knowledge of PC hardware, peripherals, and software.
- Understands and uses network based software beyond operating systems. Must have experience on Microsoft software and various hardware platforms.
- Experience with network data backups and restores; performing network troubleshooting, including cabling, network interfaces and connectivity.
- Knowledge of VPN, PDAs, other related technologies is required.
- Must have experience in troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing parts on both desktop and laptop computers.
- Qualified candidates should have superior customer service experience.
- Must be comfortable working with high energy customers.
- Microsoft certifications highly preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Education and Qualifications:
Must have at least a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, computer science or have significant related field experience, and 3-5 years of experience. A DoD Secret clearance is required.
Desktop Field Support Locations:
|Northeast||Burlington Service Center, VT|
|CIS HQ, DC|
|Boston Field Office, MA|
|Baltimore District Office, MD|
|Newark Asylum, NJ|
|New York Asylum, NY|
|Philadelphia Field Office, PA|
|S Burlington, VT|
|Atlanta Field Office, GA|
|Western||Laguna Niguel Service Center, CA|
|Phoenix Field Office, AZ|
|Imperial ASC, CA|
|San Francisco District Office, CA|
|Portland Field Office, OR|
|Yakima Field Office, WA|
|Central||Dallas Service Center, TX|
|Denver District Office, CO|
|Chicago Asylum, IL|
|Louisville Field Office, KY|
|Omaha Field Office, NE|
|Dallas District Office, TX|
|Houston ASC, TX|
|San Antonio, TX|
Link to job posting: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA8/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=MCNEIL&cws=1&rid=262