Contract IT Recruiter- Los Angeles, CA
About AECOM National Security Programs:
Programs, an AECOM Technology
Corporation, is a provider of professional technical and management support
services for government and commercial clients around the world. National
Security Programs brings unique expertise to AECOM in intelligence,
information technology and cyber security – and diversifies AECOM’s strong base
of federal government relationships. An exciting and rewarding career, built on
your experience is within you reach.
AECOM has significant
presence in the high-growth national security market. With 52,000 people in
more than 100 countries, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it
serves. Our highly capable team provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge,
innovation and technical excellence in delivering solutions that enhance and
sustain the world’s built, natural and social environments.
Title: Contract Recruiter-
Length of contract: Sixty to one-hundred-twenty (60-120) days
Recruiting Manager- Information Technology
A technical recruiter finds candidates who
have technical capabilities, such as system administrators, hardware engineers,
software programmers, developers, IT program/project managers, DBA’s, network
engineers and analysts. The technical recruiter must locate, qualify and
interview potential job candidates. Demonstrate a proven ability to assess
candidates at a “nuts and bolts” level and verify the level of
technical capabilities of a job applicant. Recruits candidates who support
every stage of the systems development lifecycle.
Purpose of the Position:
Recruit qualified candidates in support of National Security
Programs, AECOM’s mission operations and IT support functions.
Recruit IT, staff and management as well as Intelligent
Community professionals holding clearances while acting as a member of a
multi-functional team that manages the full life-cycle recruiting process
within specified assigned areas.
• Performs full life-cycle recruiting for a variety of technical positions at
all career levels with at least four to six years of recruiting focused on
information technology, engineering and intelligence positions.
• Develops and maintains a network of contacts to identify and source qualified
candidates for a growing pipeline.
• Works with local community organizations to facilitate growth of the
• Initiates contact with candidates for current job openings, to include
sourcing candidates, job fair participation and other marketing efforts.
• Utilizes phone and web-based recruiting sources and systems to identify and
manage information technology candidates.
• Reviews, screens and recommends qualified candidates for several program
managers for all open positions.
• Reviews résumés and interview applicants to obtain and validate work history,
education, training, job skills and salary requirements against current
• Assists candidates in completing their application and other documents as
• Provides information to potential candidates about the organization and the
• Reviews background information to validate qualifications of candidates.
• Coordinates with corporate HR, operations and logistical personnel to
facilitate hiring and post-hiring actions.
• Enters, maintains and manages database information in Taleo database
• Performs other duties as required.
Required Special Knowledge/Skills:
• Demonstrated ability to source and conduct all recruiting
actions to hire qualified information technology (IT) candidates with and
• Strong interpersonal, telephonic, and e-communication skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Applications (Excel, Access and Word).
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments, work with
little supervision and work well under pressure.
• Problem solving skills and sound judgment
• Ability/willingness to travel.
• Previous operational experience in the technical and information
technology field in support of Government operations.
• Knowledge of functions and operations of major U.S. Military commands.
• Military experience a plus; deployed operational experience is a plus.
• Active Security clearance is a plus.
Three to six (3-6) years experience of proven IT recruiting.
High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree in an associated discipline
Link to job posting: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA8/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=MCNEIL&cws=1&rid=273