GIS Project Manager- Virginia Beach, VA
Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a global provider of professional technical and management support services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and government. With approximately 45,000 employees around the world, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation, and technical excellence in delivering solutions that create, enhance and sustain the world’s built, natural, and social environments. A Fortune 500 company, AECOM serves clients in more than 100 countries and had revenue of $7.0 billion during the 12 months ended Dec. 31, 2010. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at http://www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line Government We have the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. AECOM Government Services supports the U.S. federal government with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
Position Title GIS Project Manager
Job Description Overview: Plans and directs the practice for a geospatial service and development group. Ensures, directly and through team members, that projects are completed on time and to company, industry or client standards.
The GIS Manager needs to:
• Work with clients to understand their business activities, workflows, and requirements; determine how geospatial technology or application development can meet those needs and formulate and implement cost-effective solutions
• Create and successfully manage the scope, implementation, cost, schedule, communications, monitoring, resource management for contractual deliverables through the application of planning, tracking, quality assurance, change control, and process improvement
• Manage customer relationships and expectations
• Develop and manage project work plans including tasks, resources, schedule, and budget
• Monitor and manage project performance including deliverables, milestones, and expenditures
• Lead project teams during all phases of the application development life cycle including requirements gathering and analysis, design, build, test, and deployment
• Prepare proposals in response to RFP’s including development of technical scopes of work
• Provide direction to the project team including the assignment of individual responsibilities, tasks and technical responsibilities and listen to the project teams’ needs
• Work closely with individuals and diverse groups to build successful teams and maintain lasting consensus
• Ability to anticipate, plan for and coordinate the actions required to meet the needs of the clients
• Analyze problems and situations; and present appropriate facts and recommendations concisely in written and oral form.
• Bachelor’s Degree majoring in geography, GIS, computer science, information services or related field
• 10+ years experience
• Considerable experience with ESRI software and GIS concepts and technologies
• Considerable knowledge of Geographic Information System standards, practices and procedures
• Knowledge of database management system principles
• Knowledge of development capabilities including .NET, Flex, Silverlight, VB
• Knowledge of US Air Force GeoBase progam – Common Installation Picture desirable
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Security Clearance
What We Offer AECOM employees around the world enjoy a wide range of benefits and competitive compensation package. AECOM is much more than just a place to work. It’s a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects world wide. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It’s what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition/Vacancy No. 61524BR URL: