Server Administrator, Senior- Alexandria, VA
Position Title Server Administrator, Senior
Job Description Years of IT Experience: 7
Years of Experience as Server Admin: 5
Minimum Education or equivalent experience: BS
Relevant Certifications: MCSE, MCSA, MCITP:SA, MCTS, VCP
· Experienced providing day-to-day operational support of Enterprise production servers supporting at least 500 users, at least 100 servers and multiple sites
· Experienced providing server trouble-shooting and problem resolution
· Experienced with responsibility for implementing, configuring and supporting Microsoft Windows .NET/2008 servers and E-mail services, including maintaining all server documentation and server software.
· Experienced maintaining Active Directory’s integrity including keeping User, Computer and other aspects up-to-date. –at least 5 years
· Experience with Messaging applications such as Exchange 2007 (2010 preferred) – at least 5 years
· Experience maintaining and installing SANs and related services (EMC and/or Hitachi preferred)
· Experience with Virtualization (VMware preferred) – at least 5 years
· Experience with backup software (Symantec Netbackup preferred)
· Experience with Email archiving (Symantec Enterprise Vault preferred)
· Experience with enterprise virus software (McAfee products preferred)
· Experienced installing and configuring server hardware, operating systems and application software.
· Experienced with diagnosing and repairing hardware and software problems.
· Experienced providing technical support to end-users.
· Experienced providing documentation for project tracking, management reporting and documentation of server configurations and changes.