Senior Technical Lead- Columbia, MD
Senior Technical Lead- Columbia, MD
Who we are:
Merkle, Inc. is the nation’s largest and fastest growing customer relationship marketing (CRM) agency with a team of over 1,400 exceptionally talented people working throughout the United States, China and the UK. This is a place where exceptionally talented people want to be — a place where they can harness their skills, build enduring relationships, and do remarkable things they otherwise wouldn’t.
Merkle is also a place where clients want to do business. For more than 20 years, many of the world’s top brands, financial institutions and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. Our clients include Dell, DirecTV, Microsoft, Nike, Samsung, Bank of America, JP Morgan Chase, and the American Cancer Society, to name just a few.
We’ve created an ecosystem where talented people can be comfortable and thrive. We wear jeans. We bring our dogs to work. We let off steam with some pool or foosball. We have fun. But we also work hard. We execute. We innovate. We achieve. We take care of our clients, and each other.
A company filled with this level of talent and passion is going to get noticed. And we are proud of the recognition we’ve received. We’ve been recognized by Forrester Research as a “Leader in Database Marketing” 3 consecutive times. We’ve been named a “Best Place to Work” by Baltimore Magazine in 2009, 2010 and 2011. And our CEO, David Williams, was named “CEO of the Year” by SmartCEO magazine.
So if you’re smart, passionate, fun, and committed, consider joining Merkle, where you’ll fit right in.
What we need:
Senior Technical Lead
Our Technical Leaders are responsible for the detailed design and development of multi-terabyte marketing databases that integrate our client’s data with demographic data for prospects and consumers. Our databases typically house hundreds of millions of individuals and billions of transactions. Once hired, the qualified candidate will be immersed in the development and maintenance of database marketing solutions to meet client business objectives.
- · Data warehouse architecture and ETL design
- · Build and maintain SQL procedures and ETL processes
- · Manage and mentor a team of up to 10 developers in a matrix organization
- · Design and implement technical vision for client project
- · Own overall project architecture and technical delivery of solution
- · Interact with client on regular basis
- · Assist in requirements gathering and data analysis as needed
- · Estimate work effort and assist the Project Manager with task planning and LOE (level of effort) estimates
- · Provide technical leadership and oversight of a project development team
- · Review work product of others for compliance with development standards
- · Provide guidance and mentoring in database marketing development best practices
- · Write technical documentation
- · Other duties as assigned
- · Qualified individuals possess the Merkle attributes of being smart, curious, committed to vision, passionate, fun/pleasant, an achiever and having a sense of urgency
- · Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Computer Science or related IT field or relevant professional experience
- · Exceptional understanding of SQL
- · More than 7 years’ experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Netezza or other major RDBMS
- · Significant experience with at least one leading ETL tool, Informatica preferred
- · Strong knowledge of software engineering and development methodologies, techniques, and tools, including Configuration Management (CVS), Issue Tracking (Jira), and Software Development Lifecycle (waterfall; agile)
- · Experience as a team lead
- · Significant experience designing and implementing large databases and data warehouses utilizing both relational and dimensional design concepts
- · Working knowledge of at least one BI tool, such as Cognos, Business Objects or Microstrategy. Experience with a campaign tool, such as Alterian, preferred
- · Experience with Customer Data Integration or Master Data Management preferred
- · Experience in database marketing preferred
- · Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- · Technical consulting experience a plus
Interested candidates should send their resume to Matt Duren @ email@example.com