Systems Administrator- Seattle, WA
AECOM is a global provider of professional technical and management support services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and government. With approximately 45,000 employees around the world, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation, and technical excellence in delivering solutions that create, enhance and sustain the world’s built, natural, and social environments. A Fortune 500 company, AECOM serves clients in more than 100 countries and had revenue of $7.0 billion during the 12 months ended Dec. 31, 2010. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
Government We have the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. AECOM Government Services supports the U.S. federal government with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
The System Administrator reports to a Supervisor and/or Technical Manager and provides mid- level support for a 24×7 LAN and associated applications, peripherals and connectivity in a Tier II service desk environment on a nationwide contract. This position relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job while working independently or under immediate supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Travel Requirement: This position may require up to 30% travel.
- Support a 24×7 LAN and associated applications.
- Provide direct technical support to end-users for all IT related issues both hardware and software
- Troubleshoot/upgrade existing operational environment consisting of workstations running Windows XP, and Windows 2000 associated file and print servers running Windows 200/2003, Active Directory, Exchange and Enterprise Messaging software
- Support of peripheral devices include PDA’s, Blackberry hand held devices and printers
- Utilizes Veritas Backup Exec and Computer Associates ArcServe Disaster Recovery software
- Work with Network Operations Center to troubleshoot complex LAN/WAN issues
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve minor LAN related issues
- Document all work performed and possess ability to write clear and effective status reports
- In a subordinate role, provide technical support for large projects, operations and special events
- Work as a member of a large team and use established standard operating procedures in the conduct of daily duties
- Coordinate with senior technical personnel to ensure problem resolution and user satisfaction
- Install or monitor enterprise installations of new software releases and system upgrades
- May evaluate and install patches, and resolve software related problems
- Maintain data files and monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity
- Utilize the Remedy Action Request System (ARS) to track all service and trouble tickets involving support to end-users
- Responsible for all LAN and Desktop related hardware and may be required to conduct physical inventories
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationship
- Apply basic knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients
Knowledge and skills:
- Intermediate knowledge of backup software and hardware
- Intermediate knowledge of the latest Network Operating Systems and hardware
- Intermediate knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange and Enterprise Messaging Software
- Familiarity with WAN Devices, circuits, cabling and telephonic and/or communication technology
- Working knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Support/LAN environment
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions
Education and work experience:
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 5 years of related technical experience preferred
- MCSE preferred
- ITIL certification preferred
Must have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds in order to perform the specific functions of this position
Clearance Required: Background Investigation suitable for DHS clearance and or up Top Secret.