Vice President of Marketing- Herndon, VA
Vice President of Marketing
Location: Herndon, VA
As a key member of the company’s executive team, the Vice President of Marketing is responsible for planning, organizing, staffing, training, managing and measuring all marketing functions, as well as directing the company’s public/media relations and corporate communications initiatives to achieve the company objective of sales, growth, profitability, and visibility while ensuring a consistent marketing message and positioning consistent with the corporate direction. Have a proven track record working in a start-up environment. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 14+ years of related experience. We are seeking a self-starter who is a strategic thinker, has superb marketing creativity with exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail. Candidate must be able to work well with others as well as independently. Create, manage, coordinate and execute all marketing strategies and implement tactical plans that meet and exceed company expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Specifically, the individual is responsible for developing and executing a clearly defined marketing and communications strategy in a manner that supports consistent business growth and enhances brand equity and awareness
- This position is responsible for planning, organizing, staffing, training and managing all marketing functions to achieve UPEDS’s objectives of sales, growth, profitability, and visibility while ensuring a consistent marketing message and position consistent with the corporate direction. Candidates should have an entrepreneurial spirit, relevant industry experience and demonstrated selling attributes/techniques
- Research, make recommendations and implement reputation management strategies
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to craft written materials in both B2B and B2C contexts
- SEO/SEM campaigns, analysis, performance reporting, website audits, content audits, copy creation, consulting, training, and social media strategy and reporting
- Write social media posts, blog entries and contribute to overall strategy for online reputation management, and maintain editorial production calendars for all digital content
- Build and maintain strong business partnerships with multiple vendors in order to plan and execute campaigns
- Will be responsible for the creation of marketing collateral, email and web copy as part of integrated campaigns—email, direct mail, print and on-line advertising and event support
- Manage, mentor and train marketing support team member(s)
- Successful track record in developing, executing and reporting on integrated marketing campaigns
- Strong oral and written communication skill
- Results driven: demonstrated a track record of achieving business results
- High energy with proficiency in prioritization and operating under deadline
- BA/BS or equivalent education and relevant experience
- The ideal candidate will not simply formulate advanced strategies, but will also be skilled at executing them quickly, successfully and within budget. The goal is to primarily go direct-to-consumer through inbound and outbound marketing efforts, and to subsequently increase use of the application
- Have passion for understanding customer and prospect behavior and segmentation for effective target marketing
- Responsible for short- and long-term planning and for effective management of the marketing budget, including the maximization of market development funding from vendor partners
- Strategize, conceive, research, manage and execute lead generation events for all marketing activities, including (but not limited to): trade shows, advertising, e-Commerce, direct response, telemarketing and program development; and prospect incentives or special offers
- Experience with marketing enterprise software offerings to the government channel (end user, systems integrators, contracting vehicles)
- Ecommerce merchandising – drive the retail merchandising and promotions strategy for achieving key business metrics across our ecommerce platform
- Customer insights – manage relationships with business partners to drive a customer centric corporate culture. Provide thought leadership in identifying market research and competitive intelligence needs
- SEO and organic traffic – coordinate with product development on corporate initiatives to grow the overall organic traffic base of the company
- Mobile – help achieve the goal of transitioning LivingSocial to a mobile first environment.
- Competitive Base Salary including a comprehensive benefits plan plus bonus/ profit sharing, generous vacation and amazing and fun office environment!
UPEDS (short for Unlimited Parcel Express Delivery Service) is an app and web-based platform that enables same-day delivery services. The UPEDS technology, which supports both Android and mobile platforms, simplifies the process of delivering products, packages, and goods from one location to another by connecting a network of independent drivers with delivery requests.
Real-time package tracking, tied to driver GPS coordinates and customizable status alerts, enables customers to follow delivery from end to end. Once complete, payment is seamlessly and securely transferred directly from customers’ account profile to UPEDS. Additionally, the UPEDS Customer Care Center is also available by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide assistance.
UPEDS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status and or any other characteristic protected by law.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to Jay@DCTechRecruiter dot com and mention the best # and time to reach you.