Cloud Systems Administrator
Position Title: Cloud Systems Administrator
Location: Herndon, VA
UPEDS, LLC is seeking to hire a Cloud Systems Administrator SME located in Herndon, VA. Candidate will report directly to the VP of Information Technology and company Founder(s). This is a highly visible and mission-critical role in which the candidate will be part of a highly successful technology team. Candidate must be a self-starter, quick learner and have a demonstrative track record of successful Cloud and Active Directory-based computing projects and deployments. Candidate should be able to articulate expertly designed solutions through written and verbal methods and be able to troubleshoot complex problems quickly and effectively. Candidate must have a working understanding of software engineering, systems design and architecture (Microsoft and other platforms. Strong technical understanding of Cloud platforms (Azure, Amazon Web Services, and Google for Work), technology consulting and presentation skills are a plus.
Applicants selected will be subject to an in-person or conference-based technical background investigation and must meet technical eligibility requirements. Candidate should provide contact information from a minimum of 3 (three) references.
- Support internal and Cloud-hosted Active Directory/Exchange corporate infrastructure.
- Management of existing/future Active Directory, Federation, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows security, and related technologies.
- Management of Office 365 corporate mail system.
- Plan, design and create storage, networking and other system components.
- Plan, design and implement a backup and disaster recovery program.
- Maintain 99.5% uptime and resolve network failures by directing the implementation and performance tuning of a Windows server environment, rebalancing workloads, correcting server configuration problems and writing scripts to ensure smooth server/reboot functioning.
- Develop and operate a managed network that operates in a secure VPN-enabled environment.
- Plan, implement and control user and account security rights and restrictions.
- Possess senior-level engineering experience with Microsoft Exchange and messaging technologies and understand/process same-day delivery services industry knowledge for individuals and businesses.
- Troubleshoot and resolve system service failures (Corporate HQ, Data Center, etc.) and identify/analyzing/resolve situations and provide corrective action planning and contingencies.
- Develop, install and test new web-based and business technologies, application software releases, system upgrades, and evaluate/install Microsoft (and other platforms) patches and service packs.
- Provide mid-to-senior level expertise on decisions and priorities regarding systems architecture.
- 5+ years of advanced Active Directory 2008 & 2012
- 5+ years of experience in Exchange 2012, 2015, Lync, and ActiveSync
- Knowledge working with public, private, and hybrid Cloud authentication.
- PowerShell scripting, System Center (SCOM, SCCM) suite applications.
- Knowledge of DHCP, WINS, and Client in a Windows Server 2012 R2 platform.
- Active Directory and Group Policy Management and GPO creation
- Cloud Computing platform knowledge including Azure, AWS, VMWare and Office 365
- Multi-Domain and models
- Strong systems engineering skills with an emphasis on enterprise scale architecture
- Develop capacity forecasts for managed environments that are proactive and prevent problems prior to outages.
- Develop processes and procedures to ensure managed environments maintain the highest levels of availability, security, and quality
- Good overall knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems and how software interacts with them
- Ability to interact with vendors, technology experts, and application users during the development and testing process
- Experience creating technical documentation
- Develop technical engineering solutions that solve business challenges and improve processes; including developing tactical and strategic technical solutions that will address business requirements.
- Identify opportunities to innovate, extend and enhance service delivery everywhere possible
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Microsoft Outlook – advanced
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1 – advanced
- Microsoft Word – intermediate
- Microsoft Excel – intermediate
- Microsoft PowerPoint – intermediate
- Microsoft access – intermediate
- 2008, 2012 Server – intermediate
Travel: Minimum travel will be required
- Four year Bachelor’s degree in an Information Systems related field or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Forefront Identity Management, Microsoft Exchange, Dell InTrust, Dell Change Auditor, and Dell GPOAdmin are preferable
- LAN/WAN/Firewall/VPN network technologies.
- Develop process documentation for tasks like stale objects removals
- Research application AD integration configurations best practice domain models
- Be able to troubleshoot and diagnose problems with domain controllers
- Update AD and Domain controller configurations per security best practice documentation
- Develop scripts for remediating issues
- Competitive Base Salary including a comprehensive benefits plan plus commissions, generous vacation and amazing and fun office environment!
UPEDS (short for Unlimited Parcel Express Delivery Service) is an app and web-based platform that enables same-day delivery services. The UPEDS technology—which supports iOS, Android and desktop platforms—simplifies the process of delivering products, packages, and goods from one location to another by connecting a network of independent drivers with delivery requests.
Real-time package tracking, tied to driver GPS coordinates and customizable status alerts, enables customers to follow delivery from end to end. Once complete, payment is seamlessly and securely transferred directly from customers’ account profile to UPEDS. Additionally, the UPEDS Customer Care Center is also available by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide assistance.
UPEDS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status and or any other characteristic protected by law
Interested in applying? Please send resume along with salary requirements to email@example.com