Clearance desired but not required to start. Feel free to share and contact Bobi at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info or to apply.
Corporate Title: Technical Writer/Trainer for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury Topics
Functional Title: Senior Consultant
Position Location: Silver Spring, MD
• Plan, write and edit concise content for a social marketing campaign, to include website content, collateral materials, presentations and training materials.
• Update existing campaign content to improve accuracy, currency, and readability.
• Provide research-based suggestions and justifications for new content aligning with the campaign’s mission and engaging the target audience and external stakeholders.
• Archive and track all website links referenced on campaign website.
• Conduct situational and market analyses to expand client awareness of the current science and best practices in the areas of determinants of seeking care and psychological health promotion in the military.
• Help develop and execute direct contact strategies and dissemination of information and materials to the military community. Tailor presentations to each specific audience and venue and use a variety of delivery methods such as panel discussions, virtual learning and in-person training.
• Evaluate, assess, monitor and measure the impact of performance and effectiveness of social marketing tactics
• Coordinate and work with team and clients to understand their requirements, expectations, and specific challenges
• Build relationships for sharing information and process approvals of communication products and materials
• Degree in communication, writing, English, or related field
• 3-5 years’ Past experience writing and supporting the full lifecycle of communication planning and marketing
• Ability to research, conduct data gathering and gap analysis on existing communication strategies
• Expertise in developing approaches, frameworks, and strategies for communication at the organizational and tactical level
• Ability to develop key messages and talking points on a variety of subjects
• Ability to adapt style in writing to fit many audiences and mediums
• Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate and collaborate with clients, colleagues, and partners
• Ability to integrate innovative solutions within specific government requirements and restrictions
• Ability to develop guidance documents, exercises, and PowerPoint presentations to educate and train on the proper use of communication tools and templates
• Knowledge and application of AP Styles, GPO Styles, Chicago Press Styles
• Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills
• Ability to use Microsoft office products and SharePoint sites
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Security Clearance or Public Trust Preferred
• Experience in government consulting and working on client-site
Reference and writing samples may be requested