Vice President Sales- Herndon, VA
Position Vice President Sales
Location: Herndon, VA
The VP, Sales will lead a team that is responsible for regional sales strategy and planning for UPEDS. The VP, Sales will manage a team consisting of sales directors and sales associates and will be responsible to drive sales opportunities and achieve revenue objectives. This position requires an individual who can engage at the highest levels of an organization both externally and internally, as well as “in the trenches”. Our ideal candidate is an inspiring team player, has outstanding communication skills, superior follow through skills, can build consensus among disparate groups, and understands UPEDS methodologies, offerings, and workflows. This position requires an experienced perspective that can creatively find opportunities to add value to the industry, effectively navigate sales (B2B, B2C & C2C) and negotiations, and advise senior business and client leaders.
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products enhancements
- Implements national sales programs by developing sales action plans
- Completes national sales operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
- Maintains national sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Maintains national sales staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Generate sales targets/strategy/actions in line with UPEDS business targets and communicate this to the sales team business leaders as a whole
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Both direct and channels sales experience
- Leads the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives
- Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions
- Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations important
- Leads the strategic and tactical planning for the division
- Builds working relationships with license, consulting and education field managers in the respective territory to develop joint account plans
- Develops and execute a territory plan to maximize revenue
- Takes ownership for the overall customer satisfaction (ie. surveys) from the sales perspective
- Generates and achieves monthly territory forecasts, and accurately predicts revenue on a monthly basis
- Manages escalation. Conducts weekly progress meetings with sales team
- Proven sales experience, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Expertise in running and managing entire sales function
- Experience of interacting with board level/VP level managers
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Work collaboratively with other internal teams with in UPEDS; National Sales Teams, Customer Management, Talent Acquisition, Marketing and Public Relations etc.
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspect of products and services and position them against competitors
- Develop and execute key sales and business development activities in the territory to increase pipeline and build awareness of UPEDS within the assigned geography
- Be operationally efficient with forecasting, account planning, working with partners/channels, sales process, and collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Develop or leverage strong relationships with economic buyers, decision makers, and influencers to gain credibility and trust with customer or prospects
- Take the lead role in establishing pricing, service levels, configuration and legal terms with prospects and customers
- Stay current with competition, as well as overall industry trends, and act as an subject matter expert on these topics within your geography for both UPEDS and our customers
- Skilled Negotiator
- B.A or B.S. degree in business or related field preferred
- Prior experience in the shipping/receiving, logistics, or parcel delivery industries
- Proven track record of 8 to 10 years of successful sales management, preferably managing a large sales team
- Working knowledge of Windows & MS Office (Excel PowerPoint) as well as networks, internet applications and CRM systems (SalesForce.com)
- Drives overall sales process (prepares realistic quarterly forecasts, manages own pipeline, coordinates with other functions and has an effective knowledge of competitor activity
- Experience managing projects and staff
- Excellent planning, organization, time management skills
- The ability to form and develop healthy relationships both within the company and with external organizations
- Advanced computer literacy with expertise in Microsoft Office and working knowledge of database and project management applications
- Competitive Base Salary including a comprehensive benefits plan plus commissions, generous vacation and amazing and fun office environment!
UPEDS (short for Unlimited Parcel Express Delivery Service) is an app and web-based platform that enables same-day delivery services. The UPEDS technology, which supports both Android and mobile platforms, simplifies the process of delivering products, packages, and goods from one location to another by connecting a network of independent drivers with delivery requests.
Real-time package tracking, tied to driver GPS coordinates and customizable status alerts, enables customers to follow delivery from end to end. Once complete, payment is seamlessly and securely transferred directly from customers’ account profile to UPEDS. Additionally, the UPEDS Customer Care Center is also available by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide assistance. Visit www.upeds.company to learn more.
UPEDS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status and or any other characteristic protected by law
Interested in applying? Please send resume along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.